Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bo jackson never lifted weights

big4life said:
Those were stories from before they got to college. Once they were in school they were introduced to weight programs. It is still amazing that they never really lifted in high school and were as good as they were in college.

Being stronger does not make you any more athletic. Just stronger so it's not hard to imagine them excelling. Now combine strength with athleticism and watch out.

Bo Lifeted.

Walker used isometric body resistance instead of weights. He's workout regimine takes about 2 hrs a day to complete.

It's true, the #1 use of weight training in sports is to prevent injury, followed closely by weight gain.

Being able to squat 500# or Bench 350# does not make you a better football player. It makes you more resistant to injury.

It also raises your confidence, and as wel all know that counts for a lot too. But for the most part it does not make you more coordinated or faster or able to cut better, etc.

Just had Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker in my office, I showed them this thread.

Bo said " I lifted weights throughout my pro career"

Walker said " weights were never a part of my regiment , push ups, pull ups, sit ups, sprints " played a huge role in my career.

peace

Lumberg said:
It's true, the #1 use of weight training in sports is to prevent injury, followed closely by weight gain.

Being able to squat 500# or Bench 350# does not make you a better football player. It makes you more resistant to injury.

It also raises your confidence, and as wel all know that counts for a lot too. But for the most part it does not make you more coordinated or faster or able to cut better, etc.

I can assure you it made me a better player. I played at the collegiate level. When my legs became stronger, I became faster. I could knock down much bigger oppenents because of my strength. In high school, I didn't train legs and although a power, speed back, At the collegiate level all the guys are bigger. I gained much power from squats and was able to run through tackles that I otherwise would not have been albe to.

WODIN said:
Bo Lifeted.

Walker used isometric body resistance instead of weights. He's workout regimine takes about 2 hrs a day to complete.

Correct Old Wise one...and I do mean OLD!!!

And don't get smart wit me or I'll knock your platinums out sucka!!!:D

The Whole F/N Show said:
LL Cool J said he never lifted weights too. Give me a break.

That's nonsense. He works out in my gym when he's not on the road.

Bo Jackson had said at one point in time that when he used to watch TV, he would do pushups for as long as the commericials lasted, then switch to situps and alternate during each commercial break.

HG Pennypacker said:

That's nonsense. He works out in my gym when he's not on the road.

Bo Jackson had said at one point in time that when he used to watch TV, he would do pushups for as long as the commericials lasted, then switch to situps and alternate during each commercial break.

I actually tried this workout for a while. You'd be suprised how quickly the fatigue sets in.

Top Bottom