Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Inner Pectoral Workout

Status
Not open for further replies.

hartyboy

What's a good inner pec workout? My outter and upper pecs are good but my inner pecs aren't so good. What's a good excersice for them?

THanks

impossible

Afraid you can't do anything for that.

You can target upper or lower pecs because of the insertion points, but for the same reason, you can't target the inner ends of the fibers.

You might feel it more on the inner/lower if you do pullovers.

Re: impossible

Singleton said:

You can target upper or lower pecs because of the insertion points, but for the same reason, you can't target the inner ends of the fibers.

You might feel it more on the inner/lower if you do pullovers.

That says it all. You just need to continue building pectoral mass, and the inner part will fill out. You can't isolate it.

Also lacking inner pec separation can be due to fat. If you diet more that "man-cleavage" will become more apparent.

casualbb said:
Also lacking inner pec separation can be due to fat. If you diet more that "man-cleavage" will become more apparent.

Totally.

My chest is smaller and weaker than before I got all cut up, but it looks much bigger now. You can see the line in the middle and it sticks out over my abs which are no longer hibernating.

I've never really understood why people say this...

Wide grip benches (incline, flat, or decline) pump the chest in totality and create a noticeable widening effect at the shoulder insertion points. But they don't give the inner chest much of a pump for most people.

To accentuate the inner cut between your pecs, you need to be doing an exercise that creates maximum contraction of the entire pec. Just like concentration curls provide biceps with peaks for those that are genetically predisposed to have them.

I would suggest that you try doing close grip flat or incline free bar bench presses (hands 6" apart). Do these AFTER your heavy wide grip sets so that the muscle is already relatively pumped before you start. Once you get used to balancing the bar with your hands this close, work up to using about 60%-70% of your max repitition weight.

You don't need to bring the bar all the way down to touch your chest since anything below about 6" above your chest is only working your triceps, which isn't the goal of this movement. Also, don't forget to REALLY contract your chest muscles and fully extend your arms at the peak of the movement to get the full effect of this exercise.

A secondary benefit is that these also work your triceps, so they help in the overall development necessary to keep your benching maximum climbing.

Karma?

DrBones said:

Don't listen to this advice... If the bottom 6" is only triceps.. what
is the top of the movement.... it is the lockout, where you are almost entirely pushing with your tris.. taking stress off your pecs...

You might as well go do flyes if you listen to this... If you want to isolate solely the pecs that is... Bench press is intended to be a compound movement.. thats whats so great about it.. it hits a variety of muscles...

Ryan

I totally agree with bones on this. . I was also confused by the statement.

You don't need to bring the bar all the way down to touch your chest since anything below about 6" above your chest is only working your triceps, which isn't the goal of this movement. Also, don't forget to REALLY contract your chest muscles and fully extend your arms at the peak of the movement to get the full effect of this exercise.

Don't listen to this advice... If the bottom 6" is only triceps.. what
is the top of the movement.... it is the lockout, where you are almost entirely pushing with your tris.. taking stress off your pecs...

You might as well go do flyes if you listen to this... If you want to isolate solely the pecs that is... Bench press is intended to be a compound movement.. thats whats so great about it.. it hits a variety of muscles...

Ryan

houseofpain said:

ive never given karma for being incorrect.

those bros saying to give it time are right. with overall mass development will the muscle begin to take shape. you wont have shape in something small. the muscle needs size to appear full. because there is a greater degree of cross sectional area near the insertion point or "outer chest", of course growth is going to more obvious. especially in the beginning to intermediate bb'er. this is the same misconception people give to bodyfat loss, the "last place to go" was actually the thickest area overall, its not that its not losing, its just there is more to lose, so its not noticeable.

the "pump" is not the indication of growth. the majority of PL'ers will attest to this since they do not tend to train for a pump....and build tremendous amounts of muscle.

if we are talking about building up the SR and not contractile portion of the fiber, then pump away. build up its support system and ability to hold/pass blood. if one wants to build up the white fiber, then overload the muscle with an explosive concentric and an accentuated eccentric.

as for the 6" comment....any PL'er will tell you, that the point of working the lockout (partials, 2.3.4 board presses, pin presses, floor presses) tends to be to build up triceps/lockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom