Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

dorian yates workout

hd heritage

I just read in a muscle mag that yates would do 1-2 warmup sets & then do only 1 working set per exercise..... "1" working set. I find it hard to believe he built that kind of physique doing that. How is that possible? If thats the case why do so many other pros do 15-20 working sets. Just had to ask guys.

he did HIT training and went past failure with dropsets, negatives, forced reps and things like that.

I just read in a muscle mag that yates would do 1-2 warmup sets & then do only 1 working set per exercise..... "1" working set. I find it hard to believe he built that kind of physique doing that. How is that possible? If thats the case why do so many other pros do 15-20 working sets. Just had to ask guys.

No he didn't built his physique like that, that's his advanced routine for his later years, before he trained like everybody else. It's impossible to stimulate all muscle fybers with one set only once a week when you are a beginner/intermediate and in order to protein synthesis to take place you need a bigger stimulus like doing more sets/exercises in the same workout for the same muscle group, or do fullbody workouts stuff like that.

For these reason HIT and DC training is not recommended for beginners and intermediates and some variations are not even recommended for natural trainees.

Anyway talking about the pros it goes down to genetics, they work their own particular way because they know what works for them.

It's impossible to stimulate all muscle fybers with one set only once a week when you are a beginner/intermediate....

But does one need to stimulate all the fibers in a given muscle to stimulate hypertrophy? Many would say no.

If you have $40-$50,000/ year to spend on the latest and greatest drugs out there you too can train like Dorian Yates and get great results... in fact, you can pretty much do what ever you want and get results.

For those that can't afford $40-50,000 to buy roids with, or those that simply don't want to put that much crap (or any at all) in your body you should stick to other training methods.

Care to elaborate Willow?

Well I don't know the answer to the question I posed. I really think we're all different to some degree and should experimenet to see what works for our own unique body. There are two fundementally different schools of thought on the issue of how much productive work can be accomplished in a given workout, after which you're just tearing yourself up pointlessly and it's not going to help you reach your goals.

Remember the stress itself (the workout) does not cause growth, but is only a impetus to it by causing some degre of damage to a muscle. Hopefully that damage triggers the body's adaptation process, whereby it can potentially build back the muscle a tiny bit bigger than previously. Only thing that all the theorists seem to agree upon is that the stress on the muscle must be novel. This means it has to be a sort of stress never before encountered by that muscle to encourage the body to trigger it's natural system for adapting, but does that mean it has to be a lot of work, or just somehow different from last time? That's the question. :)

But does one need to stimulate all the fibers in a given muscle to stimulate hypertrophy? Many would say no.

You are right it's not necessary specially if you are happy with "ok" results... but if you want excellent results you better think of a solid plan that works all chances of maximum growth.

The thickest bodybuilders around today come from powerlifting backgrounds and believe on lifting.heavy together or periodized with a typical bodybuilding routine... Arnold,Tom Platz, Franco Columbu, Ronnie Coleman, Victor Martinez, Johnie Jackson, Stan Efferding.

Going with the example of squats, you can build muscle with less than 5 reps sets and also with 20reps sets... the greatest example of it it's Tom Platz he did high and low rep sets of squats.

But let us take it a step further The example of strongman workouts that are planned to work all aspects of power/speed/strength/endurance/stamina and the results are: biggest and better prepared men and women all aroundthe world.

Try to understand when someone talks about doing fifteen sets or twenty sets or whatever they are not talking about doing that many sets to failure. If you see someone saying they are doing four sets of bench press for example, this will usually be somone increasing the weight each set, so only the final set will be to failure, this is actually not that much different to what Dorian is describing.

Top Bottom