Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Truth or myth? Running on an empty stomach it will burn more fat...

Nobledude

There are two school of thoughts from what I read...some woudl argue that indeed running on a empty stomach will lose more fat, others tend to disagree ..

Wanna hear more opinions along with your arguments...

tx

Nd

I believe that's true.
I also believe any kind of sustained high intensity cardio (like running) will burn muscle as well, and retrain some of your fast twitch fibers into becoming slow twitch fibers.
Not good for muscle size/strength developement.
These are impressions I've gotten from reading the muscle rags over the years, and I'd have a damn hard time referencing them.

also makes me light headed, dizzy and a mean mofo to be around. blood sugar issues i am guessing?

i do better with a SMALL amount of food in me.

If your mileage is low....like 3 miles......but anything over that withoutf food I would assume your going to start getting into muscle and not to mention no energy to keep it up. Anything over 3-4 miles I have to eat some carbs prior.......I can run 7 miles in the am with no food....

Gymgurl said:
If your mileage is low....like 3 miles......but anything over that withoutf food I would assume your going to start getting into muscle and not to mention no energy to keep it up. Anything over 3-4 miles I have to eat some carbs prior.......I can run 7 miles in the am with no food....
so you are saying that any run less than 3 miles would burn more fat on an empty stomach....?

Lately, I have been doing cardio using the elyptical bike as well as a stationary bike for around 40 minutes...would this form of cardio burn more fat on an empty stomach too?

you will burn calories on the eliptical and on the bike but running will burn more calories.you usually will burn fat after about 20 min s or steady running.

Nobledude said:
so you are saying that any run less than 3 miles would burn more fat on an empty stomach....?

Lately, I have been doing cardio using the elyptical bike as well as a stationary bike for around 40 minutes...would this form of cardio burn more fat on an empty stomach too?

Im just guessing here....since it is a lower longer intensity I would say that yes you are burning fat....... :heart:

Gymgurl said:
Im just guessing here....since it is a lower longer intensity I would say that yes you are burning fat....... :heart:
actually I was looking for a scientific explanation as to why fat is or isnt burning faster on an empty stomach...

On a side note, that is a great ass in your avi....

You will burn more fat if you do interval cardio instead of continuous running or endurance fitness.
You note sprinters they are usually very muscular and in excellent shape,
long distance runners will usually be long and gangly.
So basically running on an empty stomach will burn off any reserves before feeding off muscle tissue and the same goes true when it comes to eating before a run or cardio.
Your going to burn some of the food you consumed but it will still feed off your muscle tissue regardless of food in your system during the run after reserves have been burned off.
Eating before a run I think has more psychological benefits ie. alertness, stamina.

Top Bottom